Sunday, June 20, 2004

Family - The hits just keep on comin'

I've decided that family is just another group of assholes in the world designed not only to exlempify your weaknesses but also to remind you that the only unconditional love on earth comes from a dog. Ironic given my last post I know.

So last week was my birthday, whoohoo, go me - yea let the depression begin. Wow 27 years gone by and what do I have to show for it - alot probably by most people's standards, but I am a true generation X/Y and know it's just not quite enough. The perfection fault in me just won't let sleeping dogs lie.....bastards.

Anyway on to my point, so while I'm already feeling beat up internally about my current life situation (unemployed and generally unhappy about it) my brother makes his obligatory once a year phone call. I would say that my brother and I have a love hate relationship, mostly we just love to hate each other. In my opnion he makes it easy. ;-)
So here we are at my phone call which is pleasent enough, and then we get to the end. In typical brother style he says his 5-6 jerk statements about how I'm so lazy, and I should just go get a job and stop living off the system, blah blah blah. Apparently he has traded in his shards of glass for a new glass house full of stones.

You know the amazing thing though, these comments didn't actually phase me - my reply only was "well it was nice talking to you, have a great night, goodnight." I guess I am getting gentler in my age. What has made me mad enough to write about it tonight is the fact that he called my mother and told her everything he said. Basically driving her to tears, what a nice son huh? So that kinda pisses me off, as he has no right really to call her and make her all upset about his asshole ways.

You would think this was the end of my story wouldn't you? No there's irony here...after my mother finishes telling me this evening how it upset her, and how he shouldn't have said those highly critcal things on my birthday, and how inappropriate they were, she made the commment (as she always does)that I need to make sure and watch my figure, as that it is very important to these companies I'm interviewing with.

*Double Take*

Family....what a bitch.

No comments: