Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Do - Re - Mi - Fa - So So So

So there are seven definitions for the adverb So. Isn't that amazing - seven definitions for such a tiny word.

So

Why do I bring this up you ask? For as long as I can remember my family and I have used this word to start almost every sentence we mutter. Note the previous blogs etc, and really it's kinda weird.

Of course my favorite definition from the link above is:

"Apparently; well, then. Used in expressing astonishment, disapproval, or sarcasm: So you think you've got troubles?"

Of course after reading this I begin to understand my family now, a group of disapproving sarcastic bastards that are terrible at expessing their true feelings when it comes to anything resembling an emotion. Astonishing I know. ;-)

I now find myself playing a where's waldo with my so's. *sigh* It doesn't get much better than this people.


No comments: