Friday, August 12, 2005

Destination Unknown as we pull in for some gas

Being in Massachusetts a year now, the subtleties of the people here are still not lost on me. This is what I don't understand... Why is everyone walking so fast? It's weird to me to watch people walk fast into work. INTO WORK PEOPLE. I mean ok maybe I can understand this in the dead of winter when it's 10 degrees out. But, people seriously it's Friday, it's 75 degrees out, and you're just DYING to get into your cubicle behind your computer screen, so that someone can walk by 5 times a day and check that you're there? So that someone can schedule a whole slew of meetings for you one after another in dark cold rooms? Seriously? STOP IT!

I don't get it....but apparently life is a destination in Massachusetts rather than a journey. (feeling alittle philosophical there, don't worry someone will knock me off my high horse later)

1 comment:

Julia Reffner said...

Ok I dont know how I missed this little gem but...

I live in NY and I am one of those people you are talking about. And by jove you're right. Tomorrow I'm walking into work sloooooooow.