Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Silver Lining

As my friends would tell you, it’s a rare moment when I find the silver lining in something. A VERY rare moment.

However, I thought that I would share with you the recent silver lining I found, you will be stunned I know.

Yesterday my friend Jackie and I were discussing the possible reasons for the death of a stranger we had read about. Yea, don’t ask how we get into these things, it's the internet it breeds this sort of thing trust me. Anyway, one of Jackie’s thoughts was perhaps the person in question had had an aneurysm. This led into a whole discussion about people we knew who had aneurysms. A cousin of Jackie’s, a great aunt of mine. Uplifting conversation I know, what can I say this is why we are friends we appreciate the morbid fascination in things.

As the conversation waned, I said, hey at least with an aneurysm you die rather quickly, there is something to be said for that. And that right there people is my ability to find the silver lining. I may not be able to find ANY silver lining in my own life, but damn I can find some silver lining in death.

That has certificate of appreciation written all over it.

No comments: