Friday, January 21, 2005

This > < Close

For all of you out there who might think for one second, just ONE second that I am cool in any way, shape, or form, this post will completely negate that. I know I can tell you want to read ahead because you just can't wait.

For those of you who really know me, you will only shake your head because you know the extent of my dorkdum at times. I know what you're thinking "At Times?!?!" All I have to say to you people is shut up! :-p

Ok, so perhaps alittle prequel to my fall from grace, I think (well ok I know) I have a thing for cowboys sometimes. You know the way guys have a thing for like cheerleaders or hooter girls or whatever. You wouldn't necessarily take the hooter girl home to Mom, but that doesn't mean you haven't in-the-first-3-seconds-of-holding-her-in-your-line-of-sight thought of every possible....um I digress.

Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh right cowboys.

So part of my normal morning routine is to get up and turn on VH1 or MTV in hopes that the apocalypse has finally happened and that they are in turn playing videos. One such morning I was lucky enough to encounter such an event, and VH1 was playing the tail end of the latest Nelly/Tim McGraw collaboration on a song called Over and Over again.

Now, while I haven't honestly paid much attention to Tim McGraw as a cowboy or an artist, I sat down to watch. I don't know if somehow VH1 has figured out a way to lace their videos with cocaine or I was just still recovering from being awake, but I swear to GOD that Tim McGraw looked RIGHT at ME! He tilted his head underneath that black hat, and gave that sort of half elvis lip curl and that was it. I was hooked and sad to say still am.

Once I got to work that day I found the full video online, and have since played it an obscene number of times, always catching that little lip curl at the end.

Um yea....so are you ready? Ready for the end to all my coolness...here it is:

I'm about this > < close to going out and buying a Tim McGraw poster and hanging it on the ceiling, oh yea I am soooo close.

3 comments:

jackie said...

go ahead! buy it! it will give me something new to make fun of you for when i see you next month. :)

i don't think you're a dorkus. i just miss you.

this is my favorite of your blog posts EVER.

jackie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meredith said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a little Tim McGraw action. :)