I have officially lost count of how many times it has snowed here now. And I realized a few things this morning as I once again cleaned off my truck, for what seems like the upteenth time this week.
The first time it snowed here, I will admit I was kinda excited, it was fluffy and pretty and a beautiful clean clear white. Being from Texas as you may or may not be able to imagine, I didn't have much experience with snow, so I didn't know any better back then...in November.
But since then oh I've learned a few things...
1) The first time I cleaned off my truck, I took my time, scraped all the windows, brushed off the top and the hood, dusted off he bumpers and the fenders, so you know I would be safe and safe to other drivers, blah blah blah. Today, if I could have gotten away with it, I would have just sat in my car and run the windshield wipers until the front window was clear, but because of the thickness of snow, I had to get out, and brush the window off and do a little scraping (only the front window mind you). Screw the top, the sides, the hood, the everything. Enough already!
2) There are few things more annoying than the constant scraping of a snow plow outside your apartment window about every 2 to 4 hours. EVERY 2 TO 4 HOURS!! *scrap* *scrap* *sssscccrraaaaaaaappppppp* This is what insanity looks like people.
3) The one thing more annoying than the snow plow, is the guy who parks his car right underneath your awning scraping his windshield at 6 am in the morning. *scrap* *scrap* *scrap* Can't you just lick it off?!
4) Snow in your hair is kinda cute and sort of sexy, it's when it sticks to your jacket and your gloves and then gets on your leather seats that kinda becomes annoying. Ok really more than annoying, more like enraging, this car was expensive god damnit, I don't want melting snow anywhere IN IT or NEAR IT! *deep breaths*
5) When your Point A to Point B walking paths are now covered by stacked 20 foot snow banks from the parking lot, there is no love for the snow anymore! None. No. Not uh. Never.
I have officially become a new englander in my attitude toward the snow "When is this shit gonna end!?!"